Friday, July 22, 2011

Paying it forward

Do you ever get an unexpected surprise?  Two days ago I was surprised by the thoughtfulness of one of my clients, Madalyn, when her daughter, Amee, made a special delivery to my studio.  Madalyn, in a gesture of sweetness, made this beautiful gift bag for me filled with delightful teas, soaps, honey and even some special hand made treats for my doggies as a thank you for me doing her family photos.  It was one of the sweetest things I've ever received.  I cried when I read the note and was overcome with her thoughfullness.

The gift came to me on one of those days when I was feeling run down and particularly blue.  I had been sitting at my computer for 12+ hour days, and was trying to juggle way to many things in my personal and business life.  And, I was failing at that balance.  It made me think of how gestures, like Madalyn, can truly make a person's day brighter, so I decided to pay it forward.  I hope the recipient of my token of appreciation has a better day just like I did when I got this gift.  I decided to deliver it on Monday, which is usually the day of overwhelming demands.  I hope it brings a smile as big as I had.

I'm still struggling to find that balance, but in the meantime, I hope to spread some cheer. 


All of these items came from her shop in Phoenix, The Southwest Herb Shop.  I can't wait to visit this beautiful healthy boutique next time I'm in the valley.  Thank you so much Madalyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment