Thursday, July 14, 2011

Aspen, Colorado Wedding Sneak Peek{Samantha & Stephen}

I did Samantha and Stephen's engagement session last August, while they were still deciding on where to get married. They tossed a few ideas around, but I was secretly crossing my fingers for the opportunity to photograph in Aspen. It's one of those places I've always wanted to see in my life, and it did not disappoint. Although I do live in a great mountain town of Flagstaff, AZ, nothing really compares to the Rocky Mountains. In the end, Samantha and Stephen choose to have their mountain top wedding at The Little Nell, Aspen Mountain Club. This was one of the most incredible locations we have even been honored to photograph. The views of the rocky mountains from the venue are breathtaking! I remember when Kristen and I got off the gondola and we literally just stood there in awe. Speechless.


Samantha had her three closest girlfriends from different stages of her life as her bridesmaids and the adorable flower girl is the groom's sister. It was so much fun hanging out with them all day, what a great group of ladies! I literally wanted to take that little flower girl home with me as my own. She was adorable! And Samantha, as well as one of the most gorgeous people I know, is also one of the sweetest people that I know. An example is that instead of favors, she donated to a horse rescue group in southern Arizona. We're going to do a trash the dress session with her and her horse, Ollie, who is a rescued Thoroughbred race horse. I cannot wait!


Kristen and I just LOVED Samantha's bouquet! This beautiful bouquet of peonies was created by Dana Micklos from Glamorous Occasions. Simply gorgeous.


Stephen and his groomsmen getting ready to take the gondola up to the wedding site! I should mention that Kristen is EXTREMELY afraid of heights. She was hanging on to the sides of the gondola with a steel grip!


The gorgeous bride in the beautiful sunset glow! She looked absolutely amazing!


Sunsets at 11,000 feet are spectacular. There really are no words to describe it.


Such a beautiful moment captured between Samantha & Stephen. They were so sweet to work with and we're so honored to have been there for them!


Congratulations and thank you Samantha & Stephen! We enjoyed every moment of capturing your amazing day. We hope you had a fantastic honeymoon in Rome! - Melissa & Kristen

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous setting! That first photo takes my breath away. LOVE the bride's light and floaty gown and pink bouquet, too!

    ReplyDelete