Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gone but not forgotten-Ken Lamppa


Last night, Grant's cousin, Ken Lamppa lost his battle to cancer. For those of you who were at my wedding, Ken sang my favorite John Denver song, "For You", during the ceremony. Most of you probably didn't know, but that song was VERY important to me. My mom, who passed away in 1984, and I used to sing John Denver songs together when I was a little girl, so it was extremely sentimental to me. I had given up hope to find someone to sing it when Ken graciously volunteered to come from Minnesota to perform it. It turned out, Ken was one of the most accomplished singers that I've ever heard. There are many things that I remember on that day...the sun peaking through the clouds as we read our vows, the look on my husband's face, my dads tears, and the beauty of Ken's voice when he sang that song for us. I'll never forgot that moment. Adieu our dear cousin; thanks for making such a difference in our lives!

(Photo courtesy of Cameron Clark Photography)

1 comment: